We have an established lawn care business for sale in Berkshire South.
Overview of Business
This business was established in 2010. This is a Lawncare franchise which is owned and operated under licence from the Franchisor ServiceMaster Limited, under the brand name of TruGreen Professional Lawncare.
The business is licensed to provide professional Lawncare services to residential and commercial customers in the defined territory, which has approximately 131,000 households, and covers areas including Reading, Wokingham and Maidenhead. These territories are large enough to support multiple vehicles, with the potential of each van generating turnover in the region of £60K+ plus. For an ambitious owner the opportunity is there to use the stable customer base that is currently served and implement a marketing programme to increase sales and build a substantial Lawncare business.
This business currently has in the region of 233 regular residential customers. These customers are on yearly programme, with a programme of 4-5 treatments per annum. There has been year on year marketing completed in the area, providing an opportunity for any potential purchaser to develop the business through further marketing opportunities. Assistance with this is available from the franchisors marketing department. The focus of the business is on the residential market, and the business can be further developed by providing lawn care and gardening services to small commercial businesses within the territory.
This business is presently a one man/one van operation and does not currently have any employees.
Facilities, Property & Location
This business is run from home with a single garage used for stock and machinery. The Business can be re-located anywhere within the franchised territory.
Reason for Sale – This is a well-run and operated business and the sole reason for the present franchisee looking for a sale, is that the business has reached the point where the next stage of development would entail employing staff and purchasing an additional van and with continued growth in the business the present owner has decided upon retiring and gaining a return on his original investment.
Sale to include:
The machinery and equipment that is included in this sale.
- A scarifier unit, an aerator, knapsack sprayer, and pedestrian and hand held fertiliser spreaders.
- Hand tools and various equipment including measuring jugs and scarification rakes.
- John Deere rotary Mower.
- The transfer of the franchise licence, a new 5 year term will be granted. At the end of the term it is renewable at no cost. (subject to the terms and conditions of the franchise agreement)
- Transfer of customer database.
- Two week training before commencement of trading provided by the Franchisor covering all aspects of running the business.
- Use of the brand name and insignia of TruGreen. (subject to terms and conditions)
- On-going support, help and advice from the Brand Manager.
- Access to training courses provided by ServiceMaster Limited.
- Marketing support and assistance from ServiceMaster Limited.
- Access to Operations manual, marketing material, H&S information and documentation.
- Access to on-line shop for bespoke products, equipment and uniforms.
- Access to an Employers helpline.
- Web page on www.trugreen.co.uk
- Benefits of cross selling and joint marketing programmes through the ServiceMaster Family of Brands.
- No van is included in this sale and any prospective buyer will need to purchase or lease a vehicle.
The lawn care industry is huge. With 26.4 million households in the UK and approximately 90% of them with gardens, coupled with the potential in the commercial lawn care market, it’s an industry very much worth being a part of. For further details on this sale, please download and complete the Non Disclosure Form and contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.