Asking Price: £40,000
Gross Turnover £49k+
Gross Profit £34k
We have an established lawn care business for sale in East Herts/North Essex.
Overview of Business
This business was established in February 2015. This is a Lawncare franchise which is owned and operated under licence from the Franchisor ServiceMaster Limited, under the brand name of TruGreen Professional Lawncare.
The business delivers the following professional lawn care treatments: Fertiliser applications moss and weed control, pest and disease control, plus mechanical treatments of aeration and scarification. Other services can be offered and a full inventory of additional services will be provided by the franchisor.
This business currently has in the region of 230 regular residential customers. These customers are on yearly agreements, with a programme of 4-5 treatments per annum. There has been year on year marketing completed in the area, providing an opportunity for any potential purchaser to develop the business through further marketing opportunities.
This business is presently a 0ne man/one van operation and does currently have one employee as part of the business.
Facilities, Property & Location
This business is run from home with a single garage used for stock and machinery. The Business can be relocated anywhere within the franchised territories.
The franchised territory covers the below area defined by the maps.
Reason for Sale
This is a well-run and operated business, where both number of customers and turnover have increased consistently year on year since inception.
The sole reason for the present franchisee looking for a sale is that he and his family are looking to relocate to France to assist their daughter in the running of her business there.
Sale to include:
The machinery and equipment that is included in this sale are;
- Scarifier, Aerator, various spraying equipment and fertiliser spreaders
- The transfer of the franchise licence, a new 5‐year term will be granted. At the end of the term, it is renewable at no cost (subject to the terms and conditions of the franchise agreement)
- Transfer of customer database
- Bespoke Software package (BMS)
- Two‐week training before commencement of trading provided by the Franchisor covering all aspects of running the business
- Use of the brand name and insignia of TruGreen (subject to terms and conditions)
- On‐going support, help and advice from the Brand Manager
- Access to training courses provided by ServiceMaster Limited
- Marketing support and assistance from ServiceMaster Limited
- Access to Operations manual, marketing material, H&S information and documentation
- Access to online shop for bespoke products, equipment and uniforms
- Access to an Employers helpline
- Web page on www.trugreen.co.uk
- Benefits of cross-selling and joint marketing programmes through the ServiceMaster Family of Brands
- At present no van is included in this sale, but the selling franchisee is prepared to discuss this as a separate item which will incur an additional cost – £3,000
The lawn care industry is huge. With 26.4 million households in the UK and approximately 90% of them with gardens, coupled with the potential in the commercial lawn care market, it’s an industry very much worth being a part of. For further details on this sale, please download and complete the Non Disclosure Form and contact us on 0116 275 9005 or email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.