We have an established lawn care business for sale in South Beds.
Overview of Business
This business was established in 2010. This is a Lawncare franchise which is owned and operated under licence from the Franchisor ServiceMaster Limited, under the brand name of TruGreen Professional Lawncare. The business is licensed to provide professional Lawncare services to residential and Commercial customers within a defined territory which have approximately 145,000 households, covering South Bedfordshire, including Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable and Bedford.
The territory is large enough to support multiple vehicles, with the potential of each van generating turnover in the region of £60K plus. For an ambitious owner the opportunity is there to use the stable customer base that is currently served and implement a marketing programme to increase sales and build a substantial Lawncare business.
This business currently has in the region of 330 regular residential customers. These customers are on yearly agreements, with a programme of 5-6 treatments per annum. There has been year on year marketing completed in the area, providing an opportunity for any potential purchaser to develop the business through further marketing opportunities. Assistance with this is available from the franchisors marketing department. The focus of the business is on the residential market, and the business can be further developed by providing lawn care and gardening services to small commercial businesses within the territory.
This business is presently a two man/one van operation (the business owner and an apprentice) and does not currently have any other employees.
Facilities, Property & Location
This business is run from home with a double garage used for stock and machinery. The Business can be re-located anywhere within the franchised territories.
Reason for Sale
This is a well-run and operated business and the sole reason for the present franchise business owners looking for a sale, is that the business has been focused on ensuring that they make a reasonable living and that the father and 50% shareholder reached a point where he could retire. The main focus that of retirement has been realised at the end of last year and the son has decided that he would like to pursue other business interests, having just completed his fifth year treating lawns. The main focus that of retirement has been realised at the end of last year and the son has decided that he would like to pursue other business interests, having just completed his fifth year treating lawns.
Sale to include:
- The machinery and equipment that is included in this sale are;
A scarifier, an aerator, professional spraying equipment, and a range of fertiliser spreaders.
- The transfer of the franchise licence, a new 5 year term will be granted. At the end of the term it is renewable at no cost (subject to the terms and conditions of the franchise agreement)
- Transfer of customer database
- Sage Accountancy package
- Two week training before commencement of trading provided by the Franchisor covering all aspects of running the business.
- Use of the brand name and insignia of TruGreen (subject to terms and conditions)
- On-going support, help and advice from the Brand Manager
- Access to training courses provided by ServiceMaster Limited.
- Access to Operations manual, marketing material, H&S information and documentation.
- Access to on-line shop for bespoke products, equipment and uniforms.
- Access to an Employers helpline
- Web page on trugreen.co.uk
- Benefits of cross selling and joint marketing programmes through the ServiceMaster Family of Brands
- At present no van is included in this sale, but the selling franchisee is prepared to discuss this as a separate item which will incur an additional cost.
The lawn care industry is huge. With 26.4 million households in the UK and approximately 90% of them with gardens, coupled with the potential in the commercial lawn care market, it’s an industry very much worth being a part of. For further details on this sale, please download and complete the Non Disclosure Form and contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.