Asking Price: £54,000
We have an established lawn care business for sale in South Oxfordshire.
Overview of Business
This business was established in 2010. This is a Lawncare franchise which is owned and operated under licence from the Franchisor ServiceMaster Limited, under the brand name of TruGreen Professional Lawncare. The business is licensed to provide professional Lawncare services to residential andCommercial customers within a defined territory which has approximately 85,000 serviceable households, with the territory coverage including; Oxford, Caversham, Henley on Thames, Blewbury and Marlow. Territories are large enough to support multiple vehicles, with the potential of each van generating turnover in the region of £60K plus. For an ambitious owner the opportunity is there to use the stable customer base that is currently served and implement a marketing programme to increase sales and build a substantial Lawncare business.
This business currently has in the region of 200 regular residential customers. These customers are on yearly agreements, with a programme of 4-5 treatments per annum. There has been year on year marketing completed in the area, providing an opportunity for any potential purchaser to develop the business through further marketing opportunities. Assistance with this is available from the franchisors marketing department. The focus of the business is on the residential market, and the business can be further developed by providing lawn care and gardening services to small commercial businesses within the territory.
This business is presently a one man/one van operation and does not currently have any employees, although all finance and administrative duties are completed by the business owner wife, a fellow Director of the Company.
Facilities, Property & Location
This business is run from home with a rented farm unit used for stock and machinery. The Business can be re-located anywhere within the franchised territory.
Reason for Sale – This is a well-run and operated business and the sole reason for the present franchisee looking for a sale, is that the business has reached the point where further development would require the employment of additional full time technicians, and given that the present business owner does not wish to progress beyond the present one person/ one van operation, he has decided to sell and gain a return on his initial investment.
Sale to include:
- A scarifier unit and aerator
- The transfer of the franchise licence, a new 5 year term will be granted. At the end of the term it is renewable at no cost (subject to the terms and conditions of the franchise agreement)
- Transfer of customer database
- Two week training before commencement of trading provided by the Franchisor covering all aspects of running the business.
- Use of the brand name and insignia of TruGreen (subject to terms and conditions)
- On-going support, help and advice from the Brand Manager
- Access to training courses provided by ServiceMaster Limited.
- Marketing support and assistance from ServiceMaster Limited.
- Access to Operations manual, marketing material, H&S information and documentation.
- Access to on-line shop for bespoke products, equipment and uniforms.
- Access to an Employers helpline
- Web page on trugreen.co.uk
- Benefits of cross selling and joint marketing programmes through the ServiceMaster Family of Brands
- At present no van is included in this sale, but the selling franchisee is prepared to discuss this as a separate item which will incur an additional cost of £5900
The lawn care industry is huge. With 26.4 million households in the UK and approximately 90% of them with gardens, coupled with the potential in the commercial lawn care market, it’s an industry very much worth being a part of. For further details on this sale, please download and complete the Non Disclosure Form and contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.